[TYPO3-dev] Firefox 3 and TYPO3 backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Mar 26 23:48:46 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
>> There have been two bugreports (7516 + 7646) about FF3 and the backend.
>> This problem is fixed in the latest TYPO3 4.2beta. This problem is still
>> there for all older TYPO3 installations ofcourse. Do we need to take
>> some action in the direction of the FF3 team? I mean this problem is not
>> present in any other browser and it hardly seems an option to bugfix
>> every TYPO3 installation.
>
> If bug is fixed only in 4.2, it is wrong. All bug fixes must go to 4.1
> branch as well. This is a rule. Whoever responsible for these bugs, he
> must commit them to 4.1 too.

Well well... I can't remember that rule, but I'm quite sure there are plenty
of similar fixes which were not committed to 4.1. I think it's not always
worth the hassle, and we should not be too strict about it either.

As I already wrote in my last mail: Porting is not possible in this very
case since the underlying code has been changed completely. It will have to
be fixed differently.

See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7646 and
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7516

- michael