[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Mar 26 13:37:41 CET 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 6:30 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> ries van Twisk schrieb:

>>> Is this a pledge to stop supporting dbal completely?
>>
>> No, but it has to be re-written anyways. The idea behind DBAL is
>> nice,
>> but it's implementation doesn't allow for a drop-in replacement to
>> support other databases.
>
> Why? AFAIR it works directly with ADOdb drivers and their names for
> configuration. Only if a DB has some "issues" further code would be
> necessary.
>
> What were your problems with other databases? Which?
>
> Masi

Mostly PostgreSQL,

I don't remember details anymore but I do remember that the query parser
is far from smart and can only re-write the most simple queries,
anything
beyond that and it will fail.

What I can do is download the latest version of TYPO3 and see if I can
get
it working with DBAL. I am curious what the status currently is and if
it has been improved.

Ries