[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_div - why final ?

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Wed Mar 26 09:00:49 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Stefan Geith schrieb:
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> just a question: why must t3lib_div be final ?
>
> I doesn't support XCLASSing and it is not meant to be a private playground.

Sure, it does not support XCLASSing,
but if someone extends t3lib_div (or t3lib_extmgm), he
will get errors now in 4.2 - so it breaks compatibility
for my/some plugins ... :(

As there is no way to XLASS t3lib_div, why should extending
be restricted ? I only can use this extended t3lib_div-derivate
in my own plugins - so this should not be a problem for Typo3.

So _please_ remove the final form t3lib_div, t3lib_extmgm and
all other not XCLASSable classes in t3lib.

-

Stefan