[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Mar 22 17:49:09 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Dmitry is known for disliking Oracle :-)

I wrote a long explaining answer but next removed everything because it was out of bounds (strong expressions about Oracle) :) I think I will only say that Oracle is incompatible with normal SQL (VARCHAR2, only one BLOB in a table, etc). Plus I had huge installation problems with it and I knew MySQL, Informix and MSSQL at that time, so I was not novice in database world. So - never ever Oracle again. Even if they pay me to use it. Never.

I am not a fan of MySQL, I just use it. But if MySQL has "issues", than Oracle is one big trouble. No Oracle. Period! :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/