[TYPO3-dev] sysext's

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Mar 22 17:30:53 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Which is a good argument.

It is an argument but not a good one. It tells the only thing: big bosses heard rumors that Oracle is great and bought those rumors. And now they want to look cool and right and force everyone to support such monsters as Oracle, which even does not install normally from the first time.

> But I haven't lost customers over Mysql. When it came to a technology
> question it was PHP that was the show stopper. Certain huge possible
> clients use sometimes Java-only, sometimes it's ASP/.NET.

Which is neither good from performance/security side ;) People tend to buy modern and cool sounding things instead of using better suitable products.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team