[TYPO3-dev] Suggestions for robust UTF-8 support

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Mar 21 11:16:13 CET 2008

David Förster schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
> thanks for your response. I didn't realize how much effort you've already put
> into UTF-8 support.

Did your problems disappear after disabling the function overloading? I
don't think it's possible to make TYPO3 work with it, but maybe it can
be detected and disabled automatically. If not maybe setting the default
mbstring charset to windows-1252 is as good as disabling. All changes
for the runtime of the script, of course.

 > (Personally I find it strange to reimplement the mb
> extension in PHP, but if it's working for Typo...)

Well, Kasper didn't want to rely on mbstring when developing the utf-8
support for TYPO3. The module wasn't so widespread then.

Masi