[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2: Tables in content elements break backend layout

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 16 13:14:39 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Hi devs,
>
> I just encountered a more or less serious problem in BE-Layout, if a
> content element contains a medium size or large table coming from RTE.
> If you open up a page to edit it's contents, that table is rendered
> without any space whatsoever, so you end up with one large line. Since
> the browser cannot wrap that line, you end up with a horizontal
> scrollbar and your edit icons of sight.
>
> Apart from that a string like that is hardly decipherable for the human
> eye.
>
> There should at least be spaces and/or bars between the cells and a
> linebreak for each tr.
>
> Here is an example string (222 chars)
>
> SingularPluralKasusmfnmfnNom.longuslongalongumlongilongaelongaGen.longilongaelongilongorumlongarumlongorumDat.longolongaelongolongislongislongisAkk.longumlongamlongumlongoslongaslongosAbl.longolongalongolongislongislongis
>
> Can someone please do something about this? Even for 4.2? Perhaps one
> could also crop those lines?
>
> Should I make an entry in BT?

If it's a bug (in your eyes), the answer is always yes.

Otherwise please stick the list's rules. New threads must start with a
patch for a bug fix a or feature.

Anyway, do I understand you correct when I assume that this behaviour
only occurs when the RTE is disabled? I think that a transform could add
spaces or line breaks around and within a table - if it is certain that
the content is indeed html. Further question: is this behaviour new (as
your subject line suggests)? I don't think that it differs from previous
TYPO3 versions.

Masi