[TYPO3-dev] A question about "editorcfg"

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 11 11:37:58 CET 2008

Hi all,

When creating a new FE plugin extension with the Extension Kickstarter,
the latter adds the following stuff to ext_localconf.php:

t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,'editorcfg','
     tt_content.CSS_editor.ch.tx_advancedform_pi1 = <
plugin.tx_advancedform_pi1.CSS_editor
',43);

As well as creating a file called pi1/static/editorcfg.txt.

For the life of me I can't figure out what this is used for. Until now I
have always removed this stuff and my extensions don't seem to have
worse for it. But I thought I would finally ask :-) So, what is the use
of this code and file?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter