[TYPO3-dev] Template issues

Osipov Dan dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Fri Mar 7 18:57:44 CET 2008

Hey everyone,

I am trying to apply templates to my extensions, and running into problem. I am using the wiki page about the HTML markers, and using the modified code from there.

So I've filled my HTML file with tags like this:

<!-- ###MARKER1### begin -->Sample content that has to be replaced by extension output<!-- ###MARKER1### end -->

Sometimes the entire line is replaced by the correct output, but more often just the text ###MARKER1### is replaced, so the output is commented out in HTML.

Does anyone have a good rule for when to use which tag, and how to avoid this problem?

FYI, I also ran into this problem with a default install of 'comments' extension, where the CAPTCHA code was placed onto the page, but commented out. I think it wasn't the latest version though.

Thanks!
Dan