[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 application for Google Summer of Code 2008

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 18:36:19 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Christopher Torgalson
<bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Simon Harhues <Simon.Harhues at muenster.de> wrote:
>

> > Hi Ingo and all the others,
>  >
>  >  I don't know if I've got the time and XY to parcipate at the GCoS.
>  >
>  >  Ingo Renner schrieb:
>  >  > P.S. you're highly welcome to send me styles for the forms!
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  But maybe I can help you out with some styles. Add a "<br />" after
>  >  every <div class="csc-mailform-field"> and include following css[1]:
>  >  [CSS-CODE]
>  >  /*------------------ mailform-forms ---------------------*/
>  >
>  >  form#mailform label, form#mailform input, form#mailform select,
>  >  form#mailform textarea {
>  >    display: block;
>  >    float: left;
>  >    width: 300px;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform input, form#mailform select, form#mailform textarea {
>  >    border: 1px solid #aaa;
>  >  }
>  >  form#mailform  br {
>  >    clear: left;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform input.csc-mailform-submit {
>  >    float: none;
>  >    width: auto;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform input.csc-mailform-check {
>  >    width: auto;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform label {
>  >   text-align: right;
>  >   padding-right: 10px;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform div.csc-mailform-field {
>  >         margin: 5px 0;
>  >  }
>  >
>  >  form#mailform fieldset {
>  >    border: 0px;
>  >  }
>  >  [/CSS-CODE]
>  >
>  >
>  >  Regards,
>  >  Simon
>  >
>  >  [1]based on a German styleguide from
>  >  http://www.style-sheets.de/guide/formulare/formulare_per_css_layouten
>

> -1 from me.
>
>  The example you're referring to seems to be different in kind. In it,
>  the form controls and labels  are *not* contained by divs as they are
>  in the CSS styled content form output. In such a situation, the <br />
>  becomes excess markup cruft (i.e. since the relevant 'clear' property
>  can be applied to the divs themselves the brs become superfluous).

I think I misunderstood this. I thought it was a suggested change to
CSS styled content :)

But the main point is still relevant: no changes in markup seem to be
needed based on that CSS--just apply the clear to the div instead of
the unnecessary br.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/