[TYPO3-dev] Record-Localisation and type-field

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Fri Mar 7 15:27:37 CET 2008

Benno Weinzierl schrieb:
> Hi Newsgroup,
>
> i have a problem with localisation of TCA-defined records.
> I started with kickstarter, then added the neccessary l10n_mode-Definitions
> to the columns and everything works fine except for one thing:
>
> I am using a type-field (like tt_content uses) to define different
> teaser-types with different fields in one table. My problem is, that i
> cannot use the l10nmode "exclude" for the type-field in the localized
> records, because the fields defined in the type-section of the TCA are not
> displayed if i use a l10nmode for this type-field.
> The result i want is this:
> The Type-field (Teasertype in this case) should only be editable in the
> default-language-record. But the fields of the localized record should be
> displayed according to the type-field ob the defaultlanguage-record.
>
> Is there a way to accomplish that? Is this behaviour wanted or is it a bug?
> Or am i missing something?
>
> Thanks for help, Benno

What about disabling the field via UserTS (TCEFORM....).

Properbly you will have special usergroup for translation. So you could
  disable the field for these groups and if you have somebody who can
edit both languages, it should not matter in which language he will
switch the type of the teaser...

Cheers,

Malte