[TYPO3-dev] Trying to make plugins compatible with Typo3 4.2

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed Mar 5 09:24:43 CET 2008

Tapio Markula

> The biggest problem is that in XCLASSes fro
> * typo3/alt_doc.php

get working (was error in tabbed menu - templating ok), but the problem
is to redefine buttons.
I would like to add new buttons. Somewhat there is fixed button groups,
which I highly dislike!
The button set system is for me too static.

> * typo3/class.db_list_extra.inc

get working

> * typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php

> I'm totally confused with
> the backend templating.
the problem was not there but there was other errors.

remaining problems:

tm_shared_lib:

*I try to make XCLASS for
class.modulemenu.php in order to add saving functionality.
It is now extremely difficult to use XCLASSes because of private class
variables and functions.
* in traditional backend left menu sub items don't work
* User > Setup doesn't work (changes are not saved) - menu system can't
be changed using that
* collapse/expand for navigation frames doesn't work

tm_contentaccess
* tm_contentaccess has minimal changed db_layout.php, which works ok.
Too complex to support templating of 4.2 because Columns view and Quick
edit use own button sets.