[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.2 Beta 3

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Mar 4 20:05:18 CET 2008

>> it's true that this is introduced by Stucki, but the idea is good.
>
> No. It is bad. It is a wrong way to solve the problem that must be
> solved the other way.
>
> I am not sure how I missed the patch/discussion, I usually try to
> read everything, except some very specific topics.
>
>> It should educate developers to get rid of no_cache which isn't a
>> good strategy for websites using cache.
>
> As I said it should be done the other way. set_no_cache() should be
> disabled, not the whole no_cache.

+1 since you definitely need something like no_cache for debugging

And I think you are right by saying that it's not up to the system to
"educate" people.

The problem is (and some questions in this thread already proved it as a
fact) that many and even long time developers simply don't understand the
caching mechanisms of TYPO3 and therefor tend to use no_cache since it's the
only working solution for them. So if you want to educate them, maybe this
should be done by better documentation and not by forcing them into
scenarios they won't be able to handle.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de