[TYPO3-dev] EM Bug - no extconf

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Mar 3 10:42:08 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in latest versions i  have a bug while installing extensions having an ext
> conf. On "install extension" there is only table create displayed and not
> the ext conf. Only by clicking on extension after install this is available
> and written to localconf.
>
> Any confirmations?

I know what you mean, and I also know that we changed to achieve some
other thing - I think user rendered fields in extconf. IIRR the problem
was that rendering fields with user/ext code requires the extension to
be installed...

There's also that message when just having downloaded such an extension:
"This extension provides additional configuration options which become
available once you install it."

However, I see your point, that message should probably be displayed
when installing such an extension, too... Doesn't have a priority,
though as people reading the extensions' docs will figure out that
additional fields will appear after installing...

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner