[TYPO3-dev] css_styled_content makes wrong markup

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sat Mar 1 14:01:39 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
>>
>> I cannot judge, but I know for sure that there are people around who
>> are disturbed by this anchor element
>
> Why? TYPO3 had those anchor since I ever saw it, whoch was 3.5. But I
> guess it has been there much longer.

Why? Perhaps because they are friends of lean clean markup? It must have
been around since the time where section index was introduced, because
otherwise you could not have section links. And in those olden times it
was needed, because browsers did not react to id but only <a
name="somename">Go upstairs</a>
But nowadays all browsers can deal with id as target for a section link,
so the a element is superfluous and in some rare cases might cause
layout trouble or invalid code.

Uschi