[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3] Simulating FE users

Michael Greiner Michael.Greiner at web.de
Fri Jun 27 11:48:27 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'd like to revive the discussion on simulating FE users.

Elmar Hinz said in June 2007 that in his opinion this is
not possible.

Bernd Wilke came up with the idea, to look for the passwords
in the DB. This is a very bad solution I think. Passwords
should be stored for example as MD5 hashes.

I the admin panel we have the possibility to switch to a
FE usergroup - but why not a single user?

I need this, because I have slightly different views for
each user due to the fact that I use a second DB linked via
unique login/username where I run queries on. These queries
depend on a specific logged in user. So I need to switch
fe users for debugging and testing mainly. The passwords are
MD5.

Has any solution for this come up?

Thanks!

Michael