[TYPO3-dev] "How" Fe-Users got Authentificated

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Sat Jun 21 22:16:13 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Ritter schrieb am 13.06.2008 10:47 Uhr:
> I wrote my own auth service, for authenticating net-users over
> ip/mac-Adress combination which works fine so far.
> [...]
> So I need to check which service granted users rights. Is there any
> place in TSFE where this is stored? Or where should be the place I can
> store it.
> My idea was to let my Service store a information such as macauth=1 in
> TSFE where authinfos are stored. Bzt what is the "right" way to do that?
> Simply add a field to the users record which I can could check with TS
> conditions or are there any custom-configuration arrays in TSFE Object
> which are ceckable by conditions and may be set by auth service?

you should implement the getGroup() method and apply a specific group to the
user identified by IP. Then you can easily suppress output of the logout
button by a [usergroup = ...] condition.

Detailed infos on how to implement TYPO3 services [1] and especially the
authentication services [2] (this document should've been integrated into
TYPO Core API but isn't yet) can be found on typo3.org.

Regards
Thorsten

[1]
<http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_services/0.2.0/view>