[TYPO3-dev] processDatamapClass issue

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Thu Jun 19 15:38:53 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] skrev:
> Brian Bendtsen wrote:
>> ok, but still, nothing happens - I have tried this:
>>
>> <?php
>> class tx_wkleague_ttnewsPid {
>>  function processDatamap_postProcessFieldArray($status, $table, $id,
>> &$fieldArray, &$tcemain) {
>>  echo 'test';
>>  }
>> }
>> ?>
>
> You will not see echo because result of operation is always redirected
> to another page and your echo will be lost. Try using devLog instead.

I have played around with the devLog extension, I have inserted:

t3lib_div::devLog('ext_localconf.php is called','wk_league',0);

into the ext_localconf.php but nothing is logged.

I have inserted it into the class.tx_wkleague_ttnewsPid.php like so:

function processDatamap_postProcessFieldArray($status, $table, $id,
&$fieldArray, &$tcemain) {
		t3lib_div::devLog('postProcessFieldArray is called','wk_league',0);
	}

- but nothing gets logged.

The only time I could get something logged was when calling a page from
the frontend where I inserted the devLog function. Does it only work in
the frontend?

/Brian