[TYPO3-dev] Include of plugins changed from 4.1.0 to 4.1.7 ?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 18 15:28:21 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 18.06.2008 14:48:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>>
>>> I have had similar issues when upgrading some sites from 4.1.7 which
>>> defined "global" variables which were not accessible anymore from
>>> inside functions. It seems that the scope of inclusion of our plugins
>>> changed somewhere between 4.1.3 and 4.1.6, but I cannot spot the
>>> exact location yet.
>>
>> Ok, I isolated the problem part, which was this patch:
>>
>> http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/typo3v4-core?rev=3276
>>
>> So happens on the upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 and probably affect
>> USER_INT plugins only. Is this also your case, Stefan?
>
> Even so I wouldn't change anything in TYPO3. a) better to use $GLOBAL on
> any occasion, don't rely on scoping that is outside of your control and
> b) don't access TYPO3 internals if there is an API for it.

Sure, in my case I was including an "external application" as an
USER_INT, and my extension was just a glue between TYPO3 and that
application. This application was not meant to be "upgraded", but used
(its own, not TYPO3 internal!) global variables, which was broken after
the mentioned upgrade. Which is why I would at least consider looking at
why this was changed in 4.1.6.

Cheer,
Ernesto