[TYPO3-dev] Trouble using hooks

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Sun Jun 15 14:16:20 CEST 2008

Schani schrieb:
> Hello all,
> i have trouble using hooks in my extension.
> I like to insert a record in the page table from my extension.
>
> Now i insert in ext_localconf.php
>
> $GLOBALS
> ['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['processDatamapClass'][]
> = 'EXT:xxx_kunden/class.tx_xxx_kunden.php:tx_xxx_kunden_hook';
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php']['processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations'][]
> = 'EXT:xxx_kunden/class.tx_xxx_kunden.php:tx_xxx_kunden_hook';
>

> In class.tx_xxx_kunden.php is:
>
> <?php
> class tx_xxx_kunden_hook extends t3lib_DB {

t3libn_db !?!?!

> Now on save a new record in my xxx_kunden extension, the hooks create
> not only one page record, but 1400 ?!?

What happens then? Looks like a recursion to me? You invoke a TCE main
hook ony any DB operation and so any call to your hook triggers another.

> What went wrong? Is it the right way to do this? Why is the hook create
> many Records?

What do you want to do? It's not clear to me when you want to create the
extra page record. Whenever an admin adds a certain record? Maybe you
want to check at least the $table argument in the hook. Otherwise any
INSERT/UPDATE will result in a new page.

Masi