[TYPO3-dev] "How" Fe-Users got Authentificated

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Jun 13 10:47:18 CEST 2008

Hey list,
I'm currently searching for the following:
I wrote my own auth service, for authenticating net-users over
ip/mac-Adress combination which works fine so far.
Now we want to add functionalities to allow Users to sign in, if they
are not in the network. F.E. connected by VPN oder maybe simply watching
the page over internet from another location.
For this I could show a login if users not authentificated. But I also
would need a logout button for this case. Since ip/mac-authentificated
users cannot logout (they would be logged in while loading the logout
page again) there should not be a Logout button for them.
So I need to check which service granted users rights. Is there any
place in TSFE where this is stored? Or where should be the place I can
store it.
My idea was to let my Service store a information such as macauth=1 in
TSFE where authinfos are stored. Bzt what is the "right" way to do that?
Simply add a field to the users record which I can could check with TS
conditions or are there any custom-configuration arrays in TSFE Object
which are ceckable by conditions and may be set by auth service?

kind regards

Steffen