[TYPO3-dev] Some thoughts about a locallang_common.xml file

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 00:55:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

As result of the topic 'BE: Where does this label come from?' i make a
proposal in wiki [1] for a locallang_common.xml file.

I attached a diff with this file and some labels which suggested in the wiki
[1]. I don`t take 'login' and 'logout' to the file, because its used only
once in the backend and frontend. (Later more to this topic).
I took submit instead of send, because don´t need two labels which means the
same.

When i decided me against 'login' and 'logout', the idea of dedicated
langfiles comes up.
A file with the common labels like Yes, No,...
A file with labels for localization (Language, Localization)
A file with labels for the page edit form (Language, Back, Hide, To Top,
Text, Media, Access,...)
and so on.

Furthermore i think we need a documentation to point extensions devs to use
this central labels which given with the core and only they have a specific
one put this to a locallang.xml file shipped with the extension.

What do you mean about this topics?

Cheers
Stefano

[1]
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Translations#Proposal_for_a_locallang_common.xml
--
Seit dem 1.1.2008 werden Daten zu jeder E-Mail verdachtsunabhängig gespeichert!
Weitere Informationen: www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de