[TYPO3-dev] Problem when using ###REC_FIELD_<somefield>###

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Wed Jun 11 23:05:32 CEST 2008

Hi

I have a minor but annoying problem when creating a new record in a
homemade extension. I have a somewhat complex tca for my record and a
couple of fields depend on other fields.

Im using a marker like this
###REC_FIELD_<someField>###

in a foreign_table_where

But when I create a new record the <someField> doesnt have a value
resulting in an sql error.

I have tried setting a default value but its not fetched. I have tried
setting a displayCond which hides the field when the <someField> doesn't
have a value, but its still processed and the error is still showing.

How do I work around this problem?

/Brian