[TYPO3-dev] current usage of DBAL

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Jun 7 16:57:53 CEST 2008

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> well i just had a closer look at the patch you mentioned... it covers
> only mssql related faults. (especially a missing check).
> But for me, it even does not work if no additional dbal driver is used.
>
> Extension-Manger f.e. throws following error:
> ERROR: Query could not be parsed: "SQL engine parse ERROR: No )
> parenthesis in list: near "(510)) "". Query: "ALTER TABLE
> tx_mmforum_searchresults ADD KEY search_string (search_string(510));"

Odd, I think that the CREATE statement parser accepts the "prefix index"
syntax of Mysql. Anyway, this is the Core itself and not DBAL that does
this parsing.

> And install tool compare does not "believe" that tables are like they
> should.

Sadly this check is done in a less then optimal way. It's done by string
comparison rather then type comparison. This doesn't even work correctly
for all possible Mysql versions column/index definition. DBAL does
little here. It could perhaps help if it tried to translate the column
definitions in a more Mysql manner. Or someone steps up and rewrites the
DB comparison part.

Masi