[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jun 7 13:51:32 CEST 2008

"Benjamin Mack" <benni at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1212838908.27386.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> I agree. It's always confusing to have shortcut and external url. If you
>> can't use shortcut, you use external url for the same reason, this makes
>> no sense imho.
>> A pagetype "link" with link_browser and some additional params would
>> solve all issues imho, and it's easy to understand the concept, isn't it?
>
> The problem for me is:
>
> Sometimes you have Internal / External URL in the pages TCA, but then a
> file link is also an external link. Then you have the different concept in
> the Element Browser, so for me it makes sense to unify this a bit more
> (yes... I know that the technical implementation is different for internal
> and external URLs).
>
> But let's keep the discussion down here a bit, sorry. If you're
> interested, open up a thread in the dev list.
>
> --
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-

Hi Benni,

so i answer now in dev to keep the RFC clean, you're right.
When selecting a internal or external link in link_browser you can
difference very easy, internal links always use pid, external an url, files
a filename and email an email (surprise :-))
The most common reason to use such as pagetype is to have the link in the
menu. i don't see a problem from technical as typolink, which is used, can
difference the link types automatically

vg Steffen