[TYPO3-dev] ->imageMagickConvert and temp folder

Vladimir Podkovanov podkovanov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:55:57 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
>> I'm currently writing gallery extension and try to implement concept
>> that all pictures prepared for view should be in different folder, one
>> folder per one album.
>
> <offtopic>Why don't you use one of existing extensions? rgsmoothgsallery
> already can do what you try to do now.</offtopic>

Hi Dmitry
I've tried rgsmoothgallery, but it is not that concept.
What I want is not just show pics from a folder, but get all _generated_
pics also in different folder - one folder per one album. Doing so you
can protect images from being hotlinked from outside even when album
doesn't exist anymore. So if you remove album folder you are sure you
have removed all stuff and any outer link to temp folders will not work.
Otherwise you have to clear temp pics folder everytime that is not good.
And another point - if you have hundreds of albums with hundreds of pics
it is bad idea to store all these tens of thousands generated pics in
one folder. It will slow down server performance.

--
- rgds -
Vladimir