[TYPO3-dev] ->imageMagickConvert and temp folder

Vladimir Podkovanov podkovanov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:46:41 CEST 2008

Hi All,
I'm currently writing gallery extension and try to implement concept
that all pictures prepared for view should be in different folder, one
folder per one album.
Now I'm getting in a next issue. If original image fits all property set
for imgResource and does not require scaling, rotating etc then does not
being created in temp image folder but using link to original image
instead. It does break concept that all images should be in album's
folders. Especially it is bad when original image files out of webserver
scope for security reason.
Really in ->imageMagickConvert there is argument $mustCreate that means
"If set, then another image than the input imagefile MUST be returned.
Otherwise you can risk that the input image is good enough regarding
messures etc and is of course not rendered to a new, temporary file in
typo3temp/. But this option will force it to."
But unfortunately this arg does not used anywhere else in core. So maybe
I should write a patch to implement new property for imgResource like
file.mustCreate?
What you think?