[TYPO3-dev] Global markers

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Mon Jun 2 20:27:04 CEST 2008

Hey everyone!

We're having some issues with templates and markers. There are certain
markers we have to implement in tt_news, and other extensions, just to
have proper URLs in the front-end template. I'm sure there is an easier
way that we've overlooked. So, here is a suggestion:

Basically there should be a SINGLE file or directory somewhere that has
a global marker array in the form:

Array(
       'PAGE_TITLE' => [call to function fetching page title],
       'PAGE_UID' => [call to function fetching page id],
       'FULL_URL' => ...,
);

These markers would obviously need some implementation to minimize the
collisions with markers inside other templates, etc.  I think something
along the lines of ###GLOBALS.PAGE_TITLE###, that is
###GLOBALS.__key_in_array__### is set for every template in the current
page and all descendants.

This would make it easy to add different things that are used over and
over in the templates.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Any way to accomplish this in
TypoScript, that we overlooked?

--
Dan Osipov
Calkins Media