[TYPO3-dev] CSS Coding GuidLines

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jun 1 22:47:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

"Christopher Torgalson" <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.4352.1212352350.4573.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> I'd say +1 to all except that I'd like to hear a justification for
> item (b) above (also, I assume you meant 'prevent' and not
> 'pretend'?). I can't think of any particular reason for recommending
> *against* the use of the 'background' shortcut (or its analogues)…

oh sry, yes my english is pretty bad.
prevent was it, and this should be no rule but an advice. it's much more
easy to read and understand formatting if single expressions are used.

> Do you have any thoughts about how CSS files should be ordered (aside
> from cases where the order is dictated by specificity)?

I think this is drifferent from case to case.
If the blocks are semantically grouped and well commented it should be easy
to see the structure.
Also this might differ for many people as this is also personal taste.
May be a little advice:
use level depth for structure

.div1 {
}