[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Wed Jul 30 07:17:15 CEST 2008

Hi Niels,

please: It is Called Magento!!!

> If it is like that, that you basically have a libMagneto and a
> Magneto-FrontEnd, I highly suggest to create a complete Typo3-extension,
> _with_ TS, _with_ FlexForms, _with_ feuser and the stuff.

I will

> Try to offer
> support for DirectMail (to make product-boletins) for example.

You creaete as normal a page you will send with DirectMail, as ususal.

> I mean, I surely don't want to dictate you what and how to do it! Maybe
> I can just suggest you some things that make (to me) Magneto (or any
> other system) appear integrated and consistend inside the
> Typo3-Framework, :-) So then it (the extension) would be a wrapper
> instead of a bridge, and a good one.

Yes I am planning it kind of a wrapper but as I said, first just to
display everything.

> You don't have something more direct than a HTTP-connection?

There is currently only SOAP and XML RPC.

> I suppose
> they offer other different data-exchange-implementations too? It's not
> so wise to start 2 httpd-processes, possibly more, on the same machine.
> For the SOAP-connection, does (that) SOAP(-implementation) offer
> caching? Do you plan to make the fe-plugin USER_INT?

I haven't looked yet to close to the speed issue. I am planning the
plugin as USER because otherwise it would be a bit too slow.

> Are you going to offer a Javascript SOAP-client which can be integrated
> into a typo-site?

Not a #1.

> I think they are successfull, because your site and all of those tools,
> operate on _the same_ document-object-model. No concept-clash. I urge
> you :-), please offer more Typo3-functionality like TS (obviously not to
> work inside the Magneto, but inside the extension).

I still don't get you but I do everything in the best way (I know). So
everything template based and everything with stdWrap.

So it also works if you do something like
lib.singleProduct < plugin.tx_magento_pi1
lib.singleProduct.mode = SINGLEPRODUCT
lib.singleProduct.sku = 123456

or

lib.productList < plugin_tx_magento_pi1