[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Jul 29 14:26:09 CEST 2008

Hello Georg,

> Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> So you declare tt_products for not recommended for shops with more
>> than only 10 products because a TYPO3 shop based on your Magento
>> extension will be better and because your Magento team is stronger?
>
> No but I wouldn't take tt_products for the shop I do with 4000 products
> and the chance to get something better.

I will still improve some TYPO3 shop extension and will not use Magento.
  A TYPO3 extension can be better integrated into TYPO3 than an external
system.

>> So this is an antagonism to your previous statement of a very easy
>> integration of the Magento shop into TYPO3.
>
> No I said it is easy to integrate Magento into TYPO3 because of the cool
> API but not that easy to integrate TYPO3 into Magento!

TYPO3 forces all frontend extensions into the pi_base class. IMHO there
is no alternative API possible for TYPO3 extensions at the moment. TYPO3
could also be improved to offer an API for third party calls.

Magento is a _whole CMS_ like TYPO3, not only a shop. So you have to
also rewrite all other TYPO3 extensions for it.

Franz