[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Jul 29 08:28:32 CEST 2008

Hi Georg,

Thanks for these very interesting news.

> - What do you think about that?

It's great. No TYPO3 e-commerce extension is ever going to be as
powerful as Magento.

> - Which functions are needed the most? Which would you need?

Off the top of my head, I would say the most interesting would be to be
able to display Magento products and categories inside TYPO3. I would
have to ask my colleagues who are more involved with Magento.

> - Are you using Magento (or are you planning to do so)? As a company or
> private person?

We should soon be launching our first site using Magento and we have
begun selling more actively to our clients.

> - What do you think about sponsoring this extension?

Possibly. That would depend on the features being developed.

> - What do you think about helping at the code?

If we had a project with TYPO3/Magento integration needs surely, but at
the moment there's nothing of the kind in our pipeline.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter