[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Mon Jul 28 21:14:07 CEST 2008

Hi Franz,

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> To implement Magento for TYPO3 is one of the worst things that can
> happen to the future of the currently developed TYPO3 shop extensions.

I am missing a bit the reasons why this is not good in your eyes! Please
explain?

tt_products will *never* be that powerful as Magento is already now! I
don't want to get personal but using tt_products and adopting it to your
needs has never been real fun in my eyes! I know TYPO3 quite well and
written enough extensions but sorry to say so!

Magento is one of the most powerful shop systems on the open source
market which is developed by a strong team and a big community is
starting! Many companies are intested in Magento and this just can't be
said about tt_products but about TYPO3 as CMS. Out of this reasons It
makes very much sense to me to connect these 2 systems!

Georg
PS: I am fine with it that you don't want to use it or don't like it but
don't be sad if I say the same about tt_products.
PPS: This thread should really be about Magento & TYPO3 and not about
anything else, thanks