[TYPO3-dev] Magento to TYPO3

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Mon Jul 28 17:35:40 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

maybe some of you noticed that I am not as much involved in TYPO3 as
some weeks ago. This is because I am spending all my time with Magento -
the shop system everybody talks about.

With the version 1.1 it is possible to use some very cool services [1]
to get all the Magento functionality to everywhere else. It is not only
possible to show products, product lists, categorie trees, orders,
invoices, customers, ... but it is also possible to create, update and
delete all those records.

I just tested this and works great. I am planning to work on an
extension to be able to use those functions inside TYPO3. Of course I
can't do all functionality at once and so I will concentrate on
displaying products at the first time.

Now there are some questions for you:

- What do you think about that?
- Which functions are needed the most? Which would you need?
- Are you using Magento (or are you planning to do so)? As a company or
private person?
- What do you think about sponsoring this extension?
- What do you think about helping at the code?

I did already a small extension which let you export products &
customers from tt_products to Magento. I put some screens on my website
[2] and the ext is also at forge [3]. The ext won't work at your system
out of the box because I did it for a *very* old tt_products version
working with a TYPO3 3.5.

Have a nice day and thanks for an answer
Georg

[1] http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/magento_core_api
[2] http://www.rggooglemap.com/en/dev/magentoimporter.html
[3] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-magentoimporter