[TYPO3-dev] where is exec_alter_table or similar?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 26 21:45:37 CEST 2008

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> But I should drop the keys before starting a long import script. And
> after this has finished, the keys must be created again.

This is only true for MyISAM tables which store the indexes in seperate
files.
InnoDB tables store the table data and indexes in a tablespace.
Recreating the indexes after a long import will cause MySQL to create a
temporary copy of the table to add the indexes to.
You can speed mass inserts in InnoDB up by disabling autocommit and
sometimes by turning off the uniqueness checks.
(see: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-tuning.html )

--
Jigal van Hemert.