[TYPO3-dev] "local" defaults for db values

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 15:15:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

I can set default values for visible fields per user (group) and per
page branch (new in 4.2). The global TCA defaults are also set only for
visible fields.

But I cannot set default values different from the DB field values, right?

I know that I can do some tricks via URL parameters of alt_doc.php, but
that would mean that I have to write my own UI.

Do I have to use some TCEmain hook or am I missing the obvious?

What I need is a way that I get some fixed values within a page tree.
And I want to hide the field from the users so they cannot change it.

Masi