[TYPO3-dev] list module hangs at 1 million records

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Jul 23 17:44:05 CEST 2008

>> What Dmitry says might be true, I don't know MySQL internals well,
>> but
>> this compound index
>> (pid,   deleted, sorting) or (pid, deleted, sorting) might not
>> benefit
>> your sorting problem.
>> since remember cardinality on pid and deleted is close to zero. Then
>> sorting is not used to really
>> sort your table.Just is just a wild guess....
>
> The index on crdate and sorting did not help very much, only 0.5
> seconds
> to 8 seconds former total execution time.

I thought I was reading it was 30 seconds and got back to 8 seconds....

> Dmitry's way has proven to be true, because it has reduced the
> execution
> speed by a factor of about 10000.

These compound indexes do help a lot. Just don't think it helps
between these
two indexes:

1) just sorting and/or crdate
2) pid, deleted, sorting or pid, deleted, crdate

Anyways, 8 seconds still sounds long and you should be-able to get it
below 500ms better below 100ms....

Ries