[TYPO3-dev] where is exec_alter_table or similar?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 23 17:04:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> where can I find a function to alter the keys for a table in t3lib_DB ?
>
> I want to execute a SQL 'ALTER TABLE ...' command.
> But the function $TYPO3_DB->sql is marked as deprecated.

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_query. But if you alter TYPO3 table, EM will prompt you to restore it when you update extension. Altering tables is a task reserved to TYPO3 core by default.

If table is in extension, add necessary code to ext_tables.sql in extension. Then go to EM and click the extension. It will prompt you to add keys.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team