[TYPO3-dev] Spamfilter-Service

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Mon Jul 14 22:55:40 CEST 2008

Hello

Daniel Pšötzinger schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>
>> something that will return certain amount of points. It is approximately
>> like SpamAssassin. Comments extension either publishes comment or sends
>> it to review based on the number of points.
>>
> The extension "spamdetection" was planed for this,
> (used as a service for other extensions)

It might be useful since it is one single place for everything and, even
more, it might be an aggregator of more than one spam detection service.
Take akismet, spfgblib and others and calculate a score (and even get a
result if one of the services is currently down).

I changed my API the way it now returns the score. As a number between 0
and 1 (as spamprobe is calculating it out of the box). Writing "SCORE: "
in front of it should make it easy to parse (well, yeah, I know, XML
would be the modern and shiny way... but I get the feeling that " SCORE:
0.5158187" is using less bandwith ;-)

Regards
     Peter