[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jul 14 12:44:42 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 13.07.2008 18:03:

> i would like to hear your opinion.
> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz

The content of the "pi_flexform" information depends on what the plugin
that reads them wants to do with them. So it depends on the contents of
the "list_type" field, the "flexform_ds.xml" file, and also if the
plugin really makes use of the pibase flexform functions to load those
stuff.

So if you have 2 different plugins in one tree,
"pi_flexform.sheetName.setting" might conflict.

Maybe we need to include pi_name in between:

TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.user_plugin_pi1.mySheet.myVar = xyz

where user_plugin_pi is the piKey defined in ext_tables.php for that
flexform.

Cheers,
Ernesto