[TYPO3-dev] Extensions and JS-frameworks

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jul 14 12:16:28 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 13.07.2008 19:26:

> as all know JS-frameworks are not compatible and installing an extension
> based on a JS-framework can destroy a page.
>
> So i vote for a additional flag for extensions that use a framework, and
> user know that before installing and testing. This flag should mention
> the used framework

Can't the "frameworks" be provided as extensions and then we could use
the regular "depends" conditions in the ext_emconf.php?

For example there is t3mootools, extjs, etc.

There is also the "jsmanager" project from the ECT. Do you know the
status of that, is it "usable", is the approach ok?

Cheers,
Ernesto