[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Jul 13 21:26:50 CEST 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Sections? Oops, where does that come from? All the little pi flexforms
> have none, or do they? The "standard" ff  and their API in pibase don't
> talk about them.

Sections is a standard feature of flexforms, they implement an array of elements inside the flexform. You can sections in plugin configuration, for example (similar to IRRE but without intermediate records).

> Anyway Steffen ad I want that a fieldname is unique within the full
> flexform so sections and containers shouldn't be addressed.

Not possible I afraid. You can have fields with the same name inside different containers in the flexform:

[CO] ROOT
	[SH] Sheet 1
		[EL] field_title =
		[SC] field_repeating
			[CO] field_sub
				[EL] field_title
			[CO] field_sub
				[EL] field_title
	[SH] Sheet 2
		[EL] field_title
		[SC] field_repeating
			[CO] field_sub
				[EL] field_title
			[CO] field_sub
				[EL] field_title
			[CO] field_sub
				[EL] field_title

This is fully legal for flexforms.

>> What about language? That should be also taken into account,s o the
>> above may become:
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField.lDE
>> = 1
>
> Nice to have, but you don't have this for normal fields, so no strict
> requirement.

You may want to define different values to field_title for different languages ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team