[TYPO3-dev] getRootline function not stopping

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jul 10 09:48:22 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 09.07.2008 15:45:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> If you are in Frontend, you can actually use
>>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->rootLine, which is the rootline for the current
>>> web site.
>>
>> I don't think that this distinction is clear from the inline docs.
>> Needless to say that having an isRoot-flag both in the page and the
>> template records doesn't make things easier. *
>
> I absolutely and fully agree.
>
>> * Is it somewhere stated what these flags actually do and why there are
>> two of them?
>
> Not really. I think "Is site root?" in page properties was created to
> avoid searching for root TS template in some functions.

The flag is used:

- in "sliding" functions (to stop the sliding),
- typolink uses it to stop looking for a domain record.
- also it is used by the page-tree (in BE) to put the "domain name"
besides the page title in case options.pageTree.showDomainNameWithTitle
is set.
- for TCA methods that can substitute the marker "###SITEROOT###", this
is the flag that is checked for this.

AFAIK these are the only parts where is_siteroot is used, besides the
mentioned RealURL part.

Cheers,
Ernesto