[TYPO3-dev] exec_SELECTgetRows parameters

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP simon at rundell.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:15:09 CEST 2008

classic error! My apologies for my continued stupidity and thank you
for the list's tolerance of me. Fr. Simon

On 09/07/2008, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Fr. Simon Rundell SCP wrote:
>> Has anyone had any success with ordering the results of exec_SELECTgetRows
>> in descending order?
>
> Yes but not your way ;)
>
>> $res=$GLOBALS["TYPO3_DB"]->exec_SELECTgetRows("uid", "tx_table", "1=1",
>> "uid
>> DESC", 1);
>
> You pass "uid DESC" to "group by", not "order by". And you pass "1" to
> "order by". Check function parameters:
>
> function exec_SELECTgetRows($select_fields,$from_table,$where_clause,
> 	$groupBy='',$orderBy='',$limit='',$uidIndexField='')
>
> And use single quotes, not double ;) It saves you time for each request.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> http://typo3bloke.net/

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP
Parish of S. Thomas the Apostle, Elson
The Vicarage, 21 Elson Road, Gosport, Hants, UK, PO12 4BL
Tel: 02392 582824  Mob: 07976 802123
email: simon at rundell.org.uk
web:   http://www.saintthomaselson.org.uk
blog:   http://frsimon.wordpress.com

"I came that you may have life - life in all its fullness"
                           John 10:10

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
any and all NON-NEGOTIATED  agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I
have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to
release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.