[TYPO3-dev] getRootline function not stopping

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 8 21:31:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Daniel Pšötzinger wrote:
> The sys_page->getRootline function just stops if pid 0 is found.
> I am asking if that is the correct behaviour:
>
> In my opinion we have to signs were a rootline can/should be stopped
> earlier:
> 1) template with rootflag set
> 2) the page has the checkbox "Is root of website"
>
> What do you think?

This cannot be changed now because it changes the behavior that existed in all previous versions. phpDoc for this function says clearly: "Returns array with fields of the pages from here ($uid) and back to the root".

You always can check for "is_siteroot" flag in the root line.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/