[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2.1, PHP5 and zend.ze1_compatibility_mode issue

Бойчук Петро petro.boychuk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:17:35 CEST 2008

It was surprise or me to, as far as & present in function definition,
but it was not working until i set "php_flag
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode off" in my .htaccess file.

PHP man says
"In this mode, objects are passed by value instead of reference by default"

In that case backend object (class TYPO3backend) is passed to clear
cache button object (class ClearCacheMenu) by value and no javascript
file reference from this (clear cache) object is passed to the backend
object.

The same for other buttons in toolbar.

2008/7/3 Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de>:
> Бойчук Петро schrieb:
>> Hello list,
>> I spend about 5 hours figuring why toolbar (with workspace, shortcut,
>> clearcache and search buttons) does not work on my fresh TYPO3 4.2.1
>> install on PHP 5.2.5.
>> The problem was that hoster switched on php's flag
>> "zend.ze1_compatibility_mode".
>> Maybe someone from installer team or core team can add check for this
>> option in installer? I gues it will be nice to know why some parts of
>> backend does not work right before we install TYPO3.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Hi,
>
> why doesn't it work with this flag set? i don't see any dependency.
>
> vg Steffen

З повагою,
Бойчук Петро