[TYPO3-dev] Workspaces, languages, where, enableFields...

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Thu Jul 3 13:45:01 CEST 2008

Hi Ernesto

I tried this also, but it does not work. The function returns the same
as I set as parameter.

I can make versions, I can publish them and then they are live. But the
preview just not work.

I don't know any extension (expect news) which has a working preview.

And how would you do preview if you have a join with an other table and
if you wan't to search for special fields.

I would be realy happy if somebuddy could tell me a simple example where
I can see how it works, tt_news is just to complicated. They are working
with special selects and the pi1 is more than 3500 lines of code. I
wrothe the option splitting for tt_news, but I don't unserstand how they
do the workspace thing.

By the way how does versionOL handle records which are completely new in
the workspace or deleted? The records which are hidden or deleted in the
live won't be sent to versionOL because they are blocked by enableFields
in the previous select.

And please don't tell me to remove enableFields, that's one of the few
things in TYPO3 which are used everywhere all over the code.

Best regards,
Jonas