[TYPO3-dev] Workspaces, languages, where, enableFields...

Sonja Scholz ss at cabag.ch
Thu Jul 3 10:08:40 CEST 2008

Hi everyone

We would like to select records from a table with certain criterias. The
records should be translated by language overlay and the workspace
preview should also be considered. Additionally of course the
enableFields should be taken care of.

We could not find any satisfying solution. Language and enableFields is
easy, but the whole workspace thing is nearly impossible to do it the
right way.

There should be really ONE simple snippet/example which includes
everything which should be considered.

There are nearly no extensions which do workspace preview, because it is
so hard to implement.

It would also be nice to have a general function for doing that:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8889

It would be also great if one could JOIN multiple tables and still the
workspace would be recognized. Imagine you have some records which have
a (real) MM relation to another table (categories) and you want to
select all records which are in category B, but translated and workspace
preview...

If you want to have extension developer implementing workspace, it has
to be as easy as possible :-)

Does anybody have a usable example?

Best regards,
Sonja