[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_tcemain::log() question

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 1 22:29:50 CEST 2008

Francois Suter wrote:
> So the question is: what is $this->errorLog for? For sure it can be used
> just to do count($this->errorLog) to see if any error happened, but it
> is not informative enough to be useful. Is it useless then or would it
> be worth patching the log() method to store better messages in
> $this->errorLog?

As far as I know it is for use from applications. Formatters were introduced later and "slipped" into $errorLog. However alt_doc shows error correctly. Check how it formats them, may be we need a new official public method in TCEmain to perform such formatting.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/