[TYPO3-dev] Mysql 4.0

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 31 07:44:34 CET 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> No. -1 for dropping it. You are going to break existing sites (incuding
> several mine ;))

To be more precize: it will break any site that uses latin1 database (migrated from MySQL 3.23) + templavoila + non-ascii characters. This cannot be allowed.

But we should definitely mark this option as "deprecated", "for compatibility with older sites" and "do not use".

We may even remove it from "config_default.php" but we must keep it in the code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team